New England Arctic Network

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2019 4:55 pm  #1

Arctic Submarine Laboratory position to support ICEX and ice camps

Arctic Submarine Laboratory position to support ICEX and ice camps
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550251100

Arctic Submarine Laboratory (ASL) is creating a new position to support ICEX (Ice Exercise) and its drifting ice camps. The position is geared towards Arctic Science and Engineering. It’s interdisciplinary so it can be filled by either a Scientist (Physical Sciences) or Engineer that has Arctic expertise and experience. ASL really want to hire someone with Arctic knowledge (environment/climate/meteorological conditions, ice mechanics/dynamics, designing or modifying equipment for extreme cold conditions, etc.) and field experience (i.e. has actually been to the Arctic and worked on the ice). They expect that the job will post to USAJOBS.gov sometime within the next two weeks. 

The position is rated at GS-13 which means the pay scale is between $98,771 and $128,402 – they can negotiate for salary in this band. Other considerations - ASL is willing to pay relocation expenses (to San Diego!) and the position does have extra hazardous duty and overtime pay when we deploy to the Arctic each year.

ASL will use their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/arcticsublab/) to post a link to the USAJOBS announcement as soon as it is released. Candidates can also establish an automated daily search in USAJOBS to notify them when the job is posted (e.g. search for “Arctic”). If anyone has any questions, they can call Theo Goda to discuss the position. Theo Goda
Ice Exercise (ICEX) Program Manager
Undersea Warfighting Development Center Arctic Submarine Laboratory)
theodore.e.goda1@navy.mil
(619) 553-7446

2/27/2021 6:20 am  #2

Re: Arctic Submarine Laboratory position to support ICEX and ice camps

Tell to me, please - where I can read about it?

4/27/2021 2:55 am  #3

Re: Arctic Submarine Laboratory position to support ICEX and ice camps

I think, that you are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Board footera